23rd Annual NHHA Independence Day Parade -The Rain Couldn't Keep Us Away!
Posted July 5, 2016
Northwood Hills Homeowners Association hosted another fun and festive July 4th celebration despite an early morning thunderstorm. The parade was slightly delayed due to the weather, but once underway, attendees had a wonderful time!
An impressive fire truck led the procession, followed by decorated Jeeps, a very patriotic float from our residents on Paldao, small motorized entries, and tons of trikes, bikes, strollers, pedestrians, and pets. Big thanks to our judges who helped choose winners in various categories including Best Motorized Entry, Most Patriotic Pet, Red-est, Blue-est, Most Creative, Best Hat, and others. We especially appreciate the Northwood Hills residents who put forth the effort to decorate their homes and yards and host viewing parties on the parade route. We handed out prizes for those endeavors too!
After the parade concluded, the festivities continued at the school with jumping in the bounce house sponsored by Spring Valley United Methodist Church; free popcorn, cotton candy, and snow cones sponsored by Melinda Spence, Gilchrist & Associates; a petting zoo sponsored by Judy Switzer & Associates; a dog refreshment center sponsored by the Webb/Webster family; the opportunity to soak a friend in the Dunk Tank sponsored by Parish Summer 2016; and an abundance of kids activities and games in the Children's Activity Area underwritten by Jo North and the Denheyer Family.
The watermelon sale, underwritten by Judy Switzer & Associates, got you an affordable $5 farm-fresh seedless watermelon, with proceeds going to NHHA neighborhood improvement projects.
NHHA would like to thank our generous sponsors and all the participants who created a float, decorated their bikes and strollers, showed off their fun vehicles, decked themselves out in festive attire, fancied up their pets, and brought their family out for a wonderful day of fun, fellowship and freedom!
We'll see you next year!
Let's Battle the Bugs!
Posted May 29, 2016
Northwood Hills' varied terrain, natural water sources and lush vegetation make it a prime mosquito breeding ground. As part of NHHA's mosquite awareness program, we provided a Mosquito Dunk to every single family home in Northwood Hills as a reminder to increase your mosquito control efforts this summer. The package also included helpful tips and a coupon from our neighborhood hardware store, Ace Hardware.
You can protect yourself and your family this summer with the four Ds:
DEET: Use insect repellants that contain DEET, picaridin or oil of lemon eucalyptus. There are many organic products now on the market that are safe for young children and babies.
DRESS: Wear long, loose, light-colored clothing outside.
DRAIN: Remove any standing water. Change water in birdbaths, fountains and plant saucers several times a week. Clean gutters so leaves can't hold moisture.
DUSK & DAWN: Consider staying indoors during dusk and dawn hours when mosquitoes are most active.
The Northwood Hills Homeowners Association truly cares about our neighborhood and is constantly working on ways to preserve and enhance our property values, quality of life, and security. These efforts are made possible through member dues. If you're not a member yet, you should be!
Join NHHA for 2016 Sign Up! today!
Updated April 5, 2016
A big "thank you" to the many folks who have already renewed their membership or joined NHHA for 2016. If you haven't, join us now!
NHHA dues are $300 for the calendar year for LESS THAN $1 A DAY:
- MEMBERS have access to the private security patrol which is on duty seven days a week.
- MEMBERS can call the patrol to report suspicious persons or cars, unwanted solicitors, or an incident at their home.
- MEMBERS can arrange for the patrol's Out-of-Town Home Check service when they travel.
- MEMBERS can have the patrol's phone number added to their home security company's contact/call list in case of an incident at their home.
- MEMBERS will receive Security Snapshot -- an update of security/crime incidents in Northwood Hills, and urgent crime alerts as needed
- MEMBERS receive MemberMail, NHHA's email communications that provide current information about lost pets, neighborhood issues, code compliance and city services
- MEMBERS enjoy special access to Members only activities like the Annual Shred Event and Good Neighbor Day
As a new MEMBER, NHHA will provide you four ways to improve security and safety at your home:
- A reflective alley address sign for the back fence or gate
- A "No Solicitors" plaque to mount near the doorbell
- A custom-painted, highly visible curb address
- Two decals to display on the mailbox, garage door or other location, communicating that your residence is patrolled by armed security
Your membership dues are also an investment in your neighborhood. NHHA contributes to the prestige and beauty of Northwood Hills by maintaining the markers, trees, and plantings on our gateway medians. We install new flowers and plants each year, sponsor alley clean-ups, and help residents with tips and resources to battle bugs. We also put out helpful signs ahead of each bulk trash pick-up to encourage compliance with the city's regulations. Membership in NHHA benefits us all.
Pay by check to PO Box 800874, Dallas, TX, 75380-0874 OR
just click the Pay Dues
button on this page to access our secure and convenient online payment site. It is FREE, takes less than one minute to make your payment, and you'll receive a confirmation email.
If you are a NEW member or your contact info has changed, also click and fill out the Membership Form