Everyone Loves A Parade!
22nd Annual Independence Day Parade & Celebration
(for questions or to volunteer, email email@example.com)
Posted June 25, 2015
Saturday, July 4th, 2015
Join us for an old-fashioned Independence Day Celebration and Parade… it’s FUN and it’s FREE! All activities are at Northwood Hills Elementary School.
- You must register and get a number if you want to be considered for the judges’ prizes! Registration opens at 7:30 a.m.
- PARADE ASSEMBLES AT 8:30 a.m. We step off at 9 a.m. sharp!
- POST-PARADE ACTIVITIES begin when the Parade returns to the school and continue until noon.
- Decorate your bike or trike…fancy-up that wagon or stroller…bring out your vintage or exotic car…or just dress up to walk and wave at your neighbors! Decorated dogs welcome too…on a leash, please.
- Trophies awarded for Most Patriotic (Individual, Group, Pet), Red-dest, Blue-est, Most Original Entry, Best Vintage Entry, Best Hat, Best Float, Best Uncle Sam Look-Alike, and other categories! Also, Special Judges Awards and Spirit Awards!
- NOTE: IF YOU ARE ENTERING A FLOAT, THERE ARE SPECIAL SAFETY PRECAUTIONS THAT ARE REQUIRED BY THE CITY OF DALLAS. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn about these requirements.
- NOTE: Candy, trinkets or any other items CANNOT be tossed from floats or cars along the parade route.
- After the Parade, join us for a Bounce House the biggest and fanciest we've ever had! sponsored by
- Cool off in the Dunk Tank.
- Get close to nature in the Petting Zoo.
- Let Fido cool off in our Doggie Refreshment Tent! (All dogs must be on a leash.)
- For the tiny tots...finger painting and Pin the Beard on Uncle Sam.
- Fun games, too…Hula Hoop contests, water balloon toss, Icy Toes and more! And back by popular demand…The Corn Heave.
- Snack on free popcorn and cotton candy or chill out with a snow cone.
- And don't miss the NHHA Watermelon Sale! Buy your Fourth of July Watermelon straight from the farm, fresh, sweet and delicious…just $5 each. Sponsored by Judy Switzer and Associates…so all proceeds benefit improvement projects in our neighborhood!
(We could sure use a few helping hands… to volunteer for a half hour or so, email email@example.com)
NO PARKING along Cliffbrook in front of the school. There’s plenty of parking on the east side of the school field along Birchridge.
Join NHHA for 2015 Sign Up! today!
Posted January 11, 2015
A big "thank you" to the many folks who have already renewed their membership or joined NHHA for 2015. If you haven't, join us now!
NHHA dues are $300 for the calendar year for LESS THAN $1 A DAY:
- MEMBERS have access to the private security patrol which is on duty seven days a week.
- MEMBERS can call the patrol to report suspicious persons or cars, unwanted solicitors, or an incident at their home.
- MEMBERS can arrange for the patrol's Out-of-Town Home Check service when they travel.
- MEMBERS can have the patrol's phone number added to their home security company's contact/call list in case of an incident at their home.
- MEMBERS will receive Security Snapshot -- an update of security/crime incidents in Northwood Hills, and urgent crime alerts as needed
- MEMBERS receive MemberMail, NHHA's email communications that provide current information about lost pets, neighborhood issues, code compliance and city services
As a new MEMBER, NHHA will provide you four ways to improve security and safety at your home:
- A reflective alley address sign for the back fence or gate
- A "No Solicitors" plaque to mount near the doorbell
- A custom-painted, highly visible curb address
- Two decals to display on the mailbox, garage door or other location, communicating that your residence is patrolled by armed security
Pay by check to PO Box 800874, Dallas, TX, 75380-0874 OR
just click the Pay Dues
button on this page to access our secure and convenient online payment site. It is FREE, takes less than one minute to make your payment, and you'll receive a confirmation email.
If you are a NEW member or your contact info has changed, also click and fill out the Membership Form