City of Dallas Parks and Recreation
Fretz Park is our 31-acre neighborhood park located south of Beltline Road, between Hillcrest Road and Meandering Way. It was named after Emil Fretz (a member of the Dallas Park Board as well as several other Dallas civic organizations). The park is owned and operated by the City of Dallas.
We have a panorama photo of Fretz Park: click here if you want to see it (and be prepared to scroll, and scroll, and scroll ...)
Did you see Frank Clements' article in our Winter 1999 newsletter? It's titled "Fretz Park a Hidden Asset of our Neighborhood".
Fretz Park services include:
- Baseball / soccer / softball fields (214-670-8740 for reservations)
- Basketball courts (indoor and outdoor)
- Dallas Public Library Branch (history here)
- Meeting facilities
- Swimming pool
- Tennis courts
- Volleyball courts
Fretz Recreation Center
- 6950 Beltline Road, Dallas TX 75254
- Recreation Building: 214-670-6203
- Building Reservations: 214-670-8740
- Program Coordinator: Lauren Stewart
- 2009 Fall Calendar
- The Fretz Park Recreation Building is commonly used as an early voting location (prior to the general elections)
- Main Phone: 214-670-6420
- You can search full text articles of the Dallas Morning News only at Dallas Public Library locations
- 14739 Hillcrest Blvd, Dallas TX 75254
- Pool Office: 214-670-6464
Fretz Park is also home to Dallas Fire Station #56, at 7040 Belt Line Road.
In Dallas County, Safe Baby Sites include all fire stations, and most hospitals. See Baby Moses Law for more information.
- Campbell Green * 214-670-6314
- Churchill * 214-670-6477
- Marcus * 214-670-6599
- Lake Highlands * 214-670-7794