Want to see what’s happening in Northwood Hills? The Northwood Hills Breeze gets published and mailed to residents about four times per year with tons of useful information including details about new regulations or initiatives from the city, helpful tips related to the particular season we’re in, a community calendar, a real estate report, contact information for Board members, a bulk trash collection schedule, and much more! Local businesses advertise in it as well, which helps to underwrite the cost of the publication and showcases service providers who cater to Northwood Hills. Check out our most recent newsletter. To find out about some of our recent projects and to learn more about our membership benefits, see below.
NHHA is excited to announce a new website is in development, with an estimated completion date of August 2018. You’ll notice a new look already, but bear with us while content is still being created. While a login function is currently present on the site, you’ll want to wait to register until we have full functionality in the members-only section. Stay tuned!
One of NHHA’s most popular member benefits, the Annual Shred Event, took place in early June. Over the span of three hours, NHHA Members lost over 7,000 pounds – pounds of paper and electronics, that is. Thanks to Action Shred, sensitive documents were shredded on-site, usually before the Member even drove away! They also collected old, broken, or unused electronics for recycling. Quite a few members were grateful to clear up closet space previously occupied by outdated computer towers and televisions. With NHHA Board Members directing traffic and unloading cars, the process for drop-off was quick and easy. Members undoubtedly saved time and money by utilizing this FREE service inside the neighborhood.
As a great complement to the paper shredding and electronics recycling, NHHA also coordinated with Goodwill to have a trailer and employee on-site to collect gently used household items for donation. Sighs of relief were heard from members as bag after bag was unloaded from their cars. Since donated goods equate to hours of employment for those they serve, we are grateful to our residents for their contributions to Goodwill!
NHHA enjoys offering this beneficial service to its members and appreciates those who participated. We look forward to continuing this event in the future with your continued support.
Special thanks to the sponsors of the 25th Annual Independence Day Parade and Celebration. Because of their generous support of Northwood Hills, we hope you’ll consider these companies when a need arises:
- Judy Switzer & Associates
- Spring Valley United Methodist Church
- Melinda Spence, Gilchrist & Company Real Estate
- Ready Roofing & Renovation
- Sunnyland Furniture
- Janet Marcum, Marcum Real Estate
To view pictures from the fun day, visit our Gallery.
New Members: Join NHHA now for $150 and enjoy members-only benefits through the rest of 2018. Sign Up today!
A big “thank you” to the members who have already joined or renewed in 2018. The more members we have, the more we can do for the neighborhood. NHHA dues are $300 for the calendar year – for LESS THAN $1 A DAY:
- MEMBERS have access to the private security patrol which is on duty seven days a week.
- MEMBERS can call the patrol to report suspicious persons or cars, unwanted solicitors, or an incident at their home.
- MEMBERS can arrange for the patrol’s Out-of-Town Home Check service when they travel.
- MEMBERS can have the patrol’s phone number added to their home security company’s contact/call list in case of an incident at their home.
- MEMBERS will receive Security Snapshot — an update of security/crime incidents in Northwood Hills, and urgent crime alerts as needed
- MEMBERS receive MemberMail, NHHA’s email communications that provide current information about lost pets, neighborhood issues, code compliance and city services
- MEMBERS enjoy special access to Members only activities like the Annual Shred Event and Good Neighbor Day
As a new MEMBER, NHHA will provide you four ways to improve security and safety at your home:
- A reflective alley address sign for the back fence or gate
- A “No Solicitors” plaque to mount near the doorbell
- A custom-painted, highly visible curb address
- A decal to display on the mailbox, garage door or other location, communicating that your residence is patrolled by armed security
Your membership dues are also an investment in your neighborhood. NHHA contributes to the prestige and beauty of Northwood Hills by maintaining the markers, trees, and plantings on our gateway medians. We install new flowers and plants each year, sponsor alley clean-ups, and help residents with tips and resources to battle bugs. We also put out helpful signs ahead of each bulk trash pick-up to encourage compliance with the city’s regulations. Membership in NHHA benefits us all.
Pay by check to PO Box 800874, Dallas, TX, 75380-0874 OR just click the Pay Dues button on this page to access our secure and convenient online payment site. It is FREE, takes less than one minute to make your payment, and you’ll receive a confirmation email.
If you are a NEW member or your contact info has changed, also click and fill out the Membership Form.
Please note that contributions to NHHA are not deductible for federal income tax purposes as charitable contributions.